Turf Protection Mesh & Grass Protection Lattice Installation
The installation processes are similar for both products except that the rolls of Grass Protection Lattice are butted up to each other rather than overlapped and secured at the joins with U pins rather than within the overlaps.
Although Heavy grade Grass Protection Lattice is designed to support higher loads, for frequent use or applications which may need to support heavy loads a sub-base will be necessary.
<< Click here to go back
|Turf Protection Mesh & Grass Protection Lattice Installation Instructions
INSTALLATION ON EXISTING GRASS AREAS
It is strongly recommended that the installation is carried out during the growing season to allow for a strong binding between the grass roots and the mesh.
NEWLY SOWN AREAS
- Fill any depressions with a 70:30 mixture of sharp sand and top soil, level and firm. Cut the grass short.
- Unroll the Turf reinforcement mesh and fix one end the metal U pins. Pull the mesh taut and pin securely every meter each side of the mesh , ensuring the mesh lies flat to the surface.
- Lay adjacent turf reinforcement rolls next to the fixed mesh rolls and overlap(Turf Protection Mesh only) at least 150mm and repeat the fixing process. Grass Protection Lattice rolls are instead butted up against each other.
- Secure overlap(Turf Protection Mesh only) and all external edges every 1 metre. Grass Protection Lattice is secured at the joins with U pins.
- When you are satisfied that the reinforcement mesh is laid flat, brush a dressing of good quality sandy topsoil over the mesh. Make sure the filaments are covered and the apertures are filled. This will help promote root growth around the mesh.
- Any areas that have been levelled with sandy topsoil should be seeded
- Pedestrians and traffic should be kept off the treated areas until the grass is fully established over the mesh. This usually takes one growing season.
- Initial mowing can be done, but set mowers to cut fairly high, so that the mesh is not damaged by the baldes. When the grass is established and the roots are intertwined with the mesh, the grass can be cut normally.
YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE
- Ensure that the surface is level, filling any uneven areas with mixture of sharp sand and topsoil. Remove and debris, stones or rocks.
- Thoroughly prepare the surface and make firm.
- Continue 2 to 8 above.
Kindly note that the information provided is given as a guide only. Dynawest Ltd will not be held liable for any damage caused by incorrect installation of the products. Final determination of the suitability of any information or material for the use contemplated and the manner of its use is the sole responsibility of the user and the user must assume all risk and responsibility in connection therewith.